Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stephenson -- Family Christmas 2008

As usual it's been another busy year full of new things to do, house improvements, and non-stop dropping kids off to different functions. With that in mind here is our update.

Reagan loves tumbling, hanging out with her friends in her own room, and can't believe she turned 11! When asked her favorite subject in school, she will answer "walking home" -- her same answer as last year. Reagan likes making movies with her cousin, Rachel so for her birthday we gave her a "Flip" video camera. Now she no longer has to use Dad's cell phone.


Nicole has really taken to piano and we love to have her music playing through the house. Nicole is a big Star Wars fan so she started a Star Wars Club with her friends. She likes science and finding answers to unique questions. The last one was "why does your stomach flutter when you get nervous?" (Answer: all your blood rushes to your other extremities.)

Madison finished her first year of competition dance. While I was not prepared for being the competition mom, she had a lot of fun and even competed solo. After months of her telling me how tired she was all the time I finally took her to a doctor and wouldn't you know she needed her tonsils out to fix the problem. There is nothing like a good guilt trip. Maddie's favorite subject is math and hates being sick because she'll miss math. Seriously. She didn't get it from me:)

Ava is loving preschool and hanging out with mom. She has two personalities -- happy and angry. She loves to help me shop and quite often can pick out an outfit before I can. She has good fashion sense for a four year old. Ava loves to read, play with her dog, and hang out with her best friend, Josh.

Looking back it looks like I had somewhat of a mid-life crisis. I had neck surgery, started piano lessons, certified to be a fitness instructor, and even once rode Eric's motorcycle by myself. I'm healthier than I've ever been and love my new energy. I've learned so much teaching my 10 year primary class. I don't know if they've figured out yet that they know more than me.

For Eric it was business as usual except he was appointed as a small claim court judge. It is a part time appointment for only one day a week so he gets to keep his day job too.

Our family highlights included a surprise trip to Disney Land, Universal Studios, and our rainy day at Sea World. We enjoyed a family reunion at Lava Hot Springs, our family summer trip to Boise, and our yearly girls only trip to St. George thanks to Aunt Trena's time share.

I love this time of year, the memories of Christmas as a kid and a time to share friends and family. I am so thankful for Christ in my life and the blessings we have because of Him. Merry Christmas.

The Stephenson Family


3 comments:

  1. I love the blog! Great job on changing the background! :) Cute, cute, cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the blog but you will have update it more than just every 6 months so we know whats going on with the Stephensons. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamra, it's so cute. And I'm so glad we "found" each other. I'll stalk you so I won't miss anything! =)

    ReplyDelete