Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas 2011




Each Christmas we try to sum up our year in one page.  So here it goes...

I’ll start with myself.  What’s new with me?  Nothing really.  My kids go to school all day and I have all this time to myself.   Like most moms I still find a way to over-schedule myself with teaching classes, doctor appointments, trainings, and just being a mom and wife.  I have discovered the joys of teaching yoga to kids.  It has become one of my favorite classes.  I started volunteering in Ava’s school class and then added it to my own studio.  So fun.  
I finished another 50 mile cycle event in June and ran the Dirty Dash with Reagan and her best friend in September.  I finally passed my huge pilates test that I’ve been training for the last three years.  I love trying new things, getting my kids involved, and spending fun vacation time.  I think I finally have them all hooked on Zion National Park.   

Eric still has a job at the same place doing what he loves best, arguing and getting paid for it.  Last year he had so much fun taking his motorcycle out for track days at Miller Motor Sports Park that he kept going this year.  He is currently trying his hand at wood work and building a bed for Nicole with his dad’s help.  

Reagan is 14 and in 8th grade.  Considering I met Eric when I was 15, this age freaks me out a little.  We are certainly never bored with Reagan around.  She keeps us on our toes and almost always laughing.  She competed in her first Gymnastic competition this year.  Her team took 1st place and Reagan placed 4th overall and had the time of her life.  She is also the President of the MESA club at her junior high school.

Nicole is 12 and starting to look like she came right out of a California beach scene with her long blond hair and blue eyes.  She even has a natural ability to roll out of bed already looking gorgeous.  She is continuing her piano lessons and is in the creative writing club at her junior high school.  And I have to add that she can make a perfect grilled cheese sandwich.  She is my little cook and such a huge help to me.  She would often go running with me over the summer and even did a snowshoe event with me in February.  

Madison is still my girly girl.  She allows me to still do her hair, dance, and sing with me like no one is watching.  And she still will wear pink, unlike the rest of my girls.  Madison has been in dance since she was 3 and we love watching her talent grow and grow.  It was her third year of her dance companies’ production of the Nutcracker.  You can really see how much she loves ballet.  This year she entered the schools “Reflections” artistic contest by choreographing her own dance routine.  She is so good I have now hired her to help me with my Zumba classes!  She is just amazing.

Ava, oh Ava.....
She is seven years old and acts like a big kid.  You know they are getting older when they have mastered the rolling of the eyes!  She is still this petite girl who may look like a toddler but then she opens her mouth and you realize you may loose whatever argument you have started.  She is in second grade and loves to read.  Ave is also in gymnastics and wants to start soccer in the spring.  You won’t find any barbie dolls or ballet shoes in this girls room.  To Eric’s delight, she even asked for a remote control car for her birthday.  

Our favorite family moment this year was going to the Little Mermaid at the Tuacahn Amphitheater in St. George with Eric’s parents in July.  During the thunder storm part of the show we also had a real life thunderstorm going on over us including lightning and some serious rain.  We waited in the downpour for an hour before we noticed the crew packing up and we knew it was going to be canceled.  We returned two months later to finish the show but I have to say we had more fun in that rain laughing and singing Little Mermaid Songs.

 
Ok, so it took more than a page.  Merry Christmas everyone, we are so grateful for our friends and family.  You truly bless our lives.  

Love,
The Stephenson Family

1 comment: