Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012




Stephenson Family 2012

It's that time of year again to look back and reflect on the events of the year.  We have had both ups and downs and some great fun memories in-between. 

Let's start the year off.  In February, me, Eric, and my in-laws all had a chance to travel to Panama for his work.  We stayed in Panama City but the real fun is always outside the city center.  It was a reality check of how spoiled I am to live in America.  My favorite day was spent on the sailboat to go snorkeling and laying on a beach.  I did get stung by a jelly fish while dragging behind the boat (yes that is a thing) but all that pain makes for a great story.  In November we got to go back to Hawaii and I learned to stand-up paddle board, sea kayak, and quickly realized that I could definitely live somewhere warm with a beach.    

The months of February through May were taken up by Gymnastics and Dance competitions;  honestly every weekend.  In June we went to St. George for a short little family trip.  In July we took friends with us to Yellowstone and had so much fun.  In August we went to Boise for Kuna Days, best firework show ever!   Then in August we added a new member to our family.  He is an adorable Yorkiepoo puppy and we love having him.  

Reagan-
Oh, she started High School this year!  How can I be so old?  Still in full swing competing in gymnastics.  She finished the season 3rd Place overall at the State Meet in May.  She just recently turned 15 and has started studying for her driver's permit (she can take her time).  Meanwhile she is practicing with Dad and driving a stick shift to the amazement of her friends.  The rest of her time is taken up with homework.  Saturdays when she could sleep in, she goes to the gym to practice.  She is getting so toned and conditioned that she beat every boy in her class at arm wrestling and did so with little difficulty I might add.   

Nicole-
I spend many moments just listening to her play the piano, it is one of my favorite parts of the day.  She is getting so good.  She is also in her school choir and can hit the high notes I couldn't even try.  Nicole wrote a book, an entire chapter by chapter full-on book.  Wow, that girl has talent.  I will let you know when she is ready to publish.  Nicole was also in our community play of Fiddler on the Roof and is taking drama classes in school.  Believe it or not she can also draw and paint too.  Calling her artistic just doesn't do her justice. 

Madison-
She is growing so fast and has more on her plate than most eleven-year-olds.  I wouldn't be surprised if she grew up owning her own studio and become an event planner all at the same time.  In March, April, and May she had team dance competitions and did a solo as well.  I couldn't be more proud of her commitment and love watching her progress.  This year as many of you may already know she made the part of "soldier" for the Ballet West Nutcracker.  What a dream come true for her.  She has watched that same ballet since she was 6 and just dreamed of the day.  Her performances started the 22nd and she performed flawlessly.  Even with her busy dance schedule she finds time to choreograph her own dance routines, plays the piano, keeps up with school work, and spends time with friends whenever she can.

Ava-
After she has asked me over and over, I finally signed her up for soccer.  Who knew she would be such a force to be reckoned with?  I was a bit surprised to see my 3 ft daughter slide in to the mud just to block the ball with no fear of getting injured or dirty.  She always left the game with scrapes on her knees and a muddy uniform.  Plus a huge smile from all the goals she blocked.   One girl on the opposite team was so amazed at how fast and aggressive she was she looked down at Ava and said "but you're so little!"  Ava was also baptized in August, what a great day for her.  We enjoyed having all our friends and family and missed those who couldn't make it.  Ava is also playing the piano now and still refuses to be anything girly.  We are lucky she wears a dress to church.

Eric-
Year 9 at Lexington Law Firm, still rides his motorcycle way too fast (he thinks the 150 mph straight away at Miller Motorsports Park is too short to let him get up to real speeds,) and gets injured once a year skiing with the girls.  We are hoping for no injuries for 2013.  He is busy with work and raising his four daughters.  The weekends are usually full with the girls getting in as much dad time as they can.   

Tamra-
I would be easier to write what I don't have time for during the day, since like many of you we are smack in the middle of the craziest times of our lives.  We are carpool moms, working, homemaker, organizer, adviser, and problem solvers.  Wouldn't trade it for anything.  We have a lot of fun as a family.  Besides taking advantage of Eric's work and traveling with him whenever I can, (or as long as it somewhere I want to go...),  I am teaching fitness classes 6 days a week and trying to keep myself in shape enough to keep up with life.  In June, I completed my first 100 mile bike ride event.  I couldn't have done it without my good friend pulling me up those last hills, but we made it.  Eric is still trying to figure out why I wouldn't just drive if I am going to go that far.    

Merry Christmas to all of you.  Enjoy this time with your families and may the Lord bless you and keep you happy and safe.

Love,
The Stephenson Family.

1 comment: