Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas Letter 2015


Christmas 2015


This year has brought more challenges than ease but with that we have found strength as a family and a renewed purpose as we rely on our faith and one another.  We just sold our dream home and downsized to simplify our life.  It hasn’t been easy but I’ve learned to ask for help and have been so very blessed by those who have given of their time and friendship.  I’ve asked my girls to give a list of gratitude for the year.  We can either choose to focus on negative or learn to be grateful in any circumstance.  

Our favorite trip this year was our Boise trip in July. Rafting down the river as a family was incredible, we can't wait to do it again. I wanted to try something we had never done before and make a memory to last a lifetime. Mission accomplished. And my girls will never forget our very good looking guide. Haha. Then it was a couple days at the Johnson's spending time with friends and watching fireworks.


In May we were able to go to Cali to watch Reagan compete with her high school cheer team in Anaheim.  A couple days together in Disneyland, a day on the beach and priceless time together as I realize my girls are growing up and I need to hang to these moments.   She turned 18 in November and will be graduating this May.  Reagan finished up her high school cheer in October to focus on school and work.  She is a gymnastics coach for TGA and so talented as a teacher.  She spends her free time still working on cheer stunts, finding time to catch up on sleep, hang out with Lincoln, spending time with her sisters, applying for colleges and chillin in her comfy pj’s.  




Nicole spent EFY at BYU Idaho in August. It was a weird reality dropping her off at a college dorm. It’s her second year of Concert Choir, and is her section leader.  Piano playing comes naturally for her,  I could listen to her play all day.  Nicole is the first in our family to fly an airplane (besides Eric) from what I hear she is a natural at it. She enjoys her art work and just got her drivers license.  


Madison is still dancing her heart out.  She auditioned and made a pre professional company in Salt Lake at Millennium and is on her High School Dance Company as well.  Between high school and dance she stays very busy.  Her free time is spent catching up on sleep and hanging out with friends.  Madison just finished up Mountain West Ballet Nutcracker performances and is already onto something new.  


We spent many weekends watching Ava’s soccer games.  We love watching her play.  She plays goalie and left/right mid.  Ava has  legs that would run forever, I keep saying she should be thinking about cross country for high school.   Ava’s new hobby is skateboarding, she’s such a cool kid.  She likes hanging out with her awesome friends and always up for a new adventure.

I AM GRATEFUL FOR….


Mom-
  1. To be able to be home with my girls and spend as much time as I can with them.
  2. Roof over head, no matter where it may be
  3. My ever patient husband
  4. being able to accept imperfection


Dad-I am grateful for my girls and my wife and I am grateful in knowing the challenges and trials we face are given to us to forge us with the refining fire of the gospel.


Ava-Heavenly Father, scriptures, prayers, family, love, shelter, food, water, dishes to eat off of, and friends.



Madison-
Dance, family, puppies, bunnies, fluffy blankets, slippers, footie pj’s, learning to overcome challenges this year, sisters.






Reagan-my awesome hair, sisters, my car, anything warm, soft and fuzzy, dogs, sleep, my wonderful parents who would do anything for me
(I was too busy so my mom did my list)


Nicole-Family, good friends, any quiet time, her dogs, cold weather and her new drivers license.



Fun Times 2015
May-California Trip
July-Fall Out Boy Concert with Reagan

July-St George trip for Avas Birthday and see yearly play at Tuachahn. This year it was Beauty and The Beast
July-Madison BYU Advanced Ballet Camp
July-Reagan flew to Portland to see her Bestie Katie Hyland
August-Nikki EFY at BYU Idaho
September- Comic Con SLC 2015

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great and rewarding year to me! I love you guys! Misty

    ReplyDelete